- GUANGZHOU XD EXPRESS CO.,LTD
MOB: 15918450561 TEL:020-28255627/28255647
Tips for shipping to Singapore
Singapore Customs Duty Policy
Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Singapore. The valuation method is CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight). In addition to duty, imports are subject to sales tax (GST), and in some cases to excise duty.
Duty rates in Singapore vary from 0% to 4%. Most goods are not subject to duty. Dutiable goods in Singapore consist of the following items:
- intoxicating liquors
- tobacco products
- motor vehicles
- petroleum products
All other products are non-dutiable.
Generally, all goods imported into Singapore are subject to GST whether they are dutiable or not. GST is calculated on the CIF value plus the duty payable (if any) at the point of importation. The current GST rate is 7%.
Products (excluding liquors and tobacco) of a total value not exceeding SGD 400 on the CIF value may be imported without payment of duty and/or GST.
Other taxes and customs fees
Alcohol and tobacco products are subject to excise duty. Excise rates vary and are applicable either ad valorem or on units (SGD) per litre on some alcoholic products.
Prohibited Goods by Singapore Customs
Prohibited goods are not allowed to be brought into Singapore. The list of prohibited goods includes (but not limited to):
- Chewing gum (except approved oral dental and medicated gum by the Health Sciences Authority)
- Chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products (for example, electronic cigarettes)
- Smokeless cigars, smokeless cigarillos or smokeless cigarettes
- Dissolvable tobacco or nicotine
- Any product containing nicotine or tobacco that may be used topically for application, by implant or injected into any parts of the body
- Any solution or substance, of which tobacco or nicotine is a constituent, that is intended to be used with an electronic nicotine delivery system or vaporizers
- Cigarette lighters of pistol or revolver shape
- Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
- Endangered species of wildlife and their by-products
- Obscene articles, publications and video tapes/discs
- Reproduction of copyright publications, software, video tapes, video compact discs, laser discs, records or cassettes
- Seditious and treasonable materials